MAC recently launched its Semi Precious collection (I know it is in the process of launching MAC Me Over very soon but I still haven’t recovered from this one!) and the minute I saw the blushers I knew I had to have them. This is a long overdue review since I bought the blushers nearly a month back but I really wanted to do justice to my first MAC review. 😀
When the SA applied all the three blushers on my cheek one after another I just couldn’t make my decision! Then she applied each one on each cheek for me to compare and choose and I knew which ones I wanted. I bought Feeling Flush and Warmth of Coral. Pressed Amber seemed more of a bronzer than a blush so I decided to skip that.
Type: Pressed Powder blush
Quantity: 3.2 gms
Price: 1350 INR
Warmth of Coral:
A lovely peachy orange shade with a little sheen to it. It adds a light flush of color to your cheeks. The lovely marbleized blush has a combination of coral, pink and brown
A cool toned pink which looks brighter when applied than it is in the pan. The marbelized finish has hints of lavender, pink and hints of brown
They look like planets to me (think Jupiter for the marbelized effect and Neptune for the size!) and so I’ve nicknamed these Planet Coral and Planet Pink (and oh yes! Since they are “out of the world” the name is apt :P) before you close the window after reading these silly lines let me get to the review.
It comes in a circular case/pan with the usual yet classy black packaging which is a MAC trademark. It has a transparent lid which allows us to see the color inside.
What I love about these blushers:
- Love the colors. I especially adore the coral one. The first two days after I bought these two they were by my bedside at night 😀
- The marbelized pattern on the product is a work of art!
- Highly pigmented; One swipe of the color is good enough for a day look. The color payoff is amazing
- Staying power is really good; I used it in the morning before going out for a meeting and when I came back home late in the evening all tired and exhausted I could still see the color on my cheeks!
- Good for all skin types; I have dry skin but I didn’t have any trouble using this one
- It is suitable for everyday wear. Both the colors lend just the right amount of colors to the cheeks and gives the entire face a glow.
- The sheen is manageable and not difficult to deal with The blending quality is amazing. It is very easy to blend and work with these blushers and can be built upon or toned down depending on the occasion.
- Expensive; Each of them cost me 1350 bucks! It sure did burn a hole in my pocket!!
- Not a part of MAC’s permanent line
Overall I love these two blushers although from now on I might use them only for special occasions or very sparingly since I have nightmares that it might get over soon at the rate at which I’m using them!
I would give them a 4.5/5