- Capsicum or any vegetable of your choice
- Red or Green Chillies
- Urad Dhaal
- Add a little oil to the container on the stove and fry the urad dal till red in color (make sure it doesn’t turn black!). Remove it and keep it aside.
- Take 2-3 red chillies (you can use Kashmiri chillies if you want a hint of that gorgeous red color or add the round fat red chillies if you like the chutney to be spicy or you can use a mix of both. You can also use green chillies for your dose of Vitamin C 😀
- After that, add capsicum. Ive used red, yellow and green capsicum here. You can add any vegetable you want. Ive also added some water to ensure that the capsicum gets cooked. Since I haven’t added a lot of oil I use water. I’ve also added tamarind.
- Next add some salt and ground peanuts to it.
- Let the mixture cool and grind it. I prefer chutneys like these to be a little chunky.
Here are some more ideas to make it yummier!
- You can substitute the tamarind with tomatoes for the sourness.
- You can also add onions and garlic to the chutney. Add it as soon as you add the chillies.
- You can also add a tempering of mustard seeds or cumin seeds.
And voila! You have an accompaniment to your main dish which is packed with the goodness of nutrients!
Hope you like the recipe! Please leave your feedback in the comments section below!