My love for kajals and eye pencils never cease to die. Avon’s Glimmersticks and Liqui Glide eyeliners are a big hit with everyone and I personally love both of them. And so when I saw these Gold Shine eye pencils in the Avon representative brochure (called Namaste Avon and also known as the clearance sale brochure) I knew I had to have it.
The Gold Shine eye pencils have the pencil on one side and the smudger on the other. The liner also has small golden shimmer particles which are so tiny that it looks as though the color has a golden sheen to it.
There are two colors available: Golden Black and Golden Brown. Black and brown are standard colors but the most widely used ones.
Net wgt: 1.2 gms
Price: Rs 299; I bought it for 199 after discount which was a steal!
- The gold shine eyeliner is apt for any indian wear with the gold sparkles
- It stays on for long and doesn’t smudge
- It doesn’t break while sharpening (which is a big relief!)
- Reasonably priced; For the quality of the pencil and the smudger it is definitely worth Rs 300
- I loved the fact that there is no tugging or pulling while using the eyeliner on my eyelid. I also use it on my waterline and I love it
- Staying power without a primer is an issue. When I applied the liner sans primer it did not stay for a long time and faded leaving behind gold glitter. When I scouted the net as to how to use it to make it stay I read about applying a primer beneath the liner. That worked for me and it lasted for about 7-8 hours.
- The smudger is useable; I’ve seen a lot of pencils with a poor quality smudger which is as good as not being there so this one is definitely a hit
- When I tried smudging the eyeliner using the smudger, most of the gold sparkles stuck on to the smudger and the rest were scattered and none were on the actual color! So that is a big problem
- Availability is a big issue; You need to find an Avon representative to get this and that too you can buy it only if it mentioned again in the clearance sale brochure as it is not a part of the regular one. (hopefully it would be introduced in the regular brochure next month
I bought both Golden Black and Golden Brown but unfortunately my brown one was already broken when it arrived so I had to return it. Shruthi was kind enough to swatch hers for me. Thank you Shruthi!
The black one has more shimmer than the brown one as seen from the swatches.
Overall it is definitely a hit for me. I would use it only as an eyeliner sans the smudging . Ill probably use the smudger for other pencils since it is of good quality!!
Overall I would give it 4/5
Have you tried the Avon Gold Shine eye pencils?