Good healthy hair is an individual’s crown. A measure of pride! Whenever someone says they love my thick hair, I feel proud despite having a zillion issues of my own with my hair.
When I was asked to take up the Garnier 30 day hair challenge, I was excited but nervous at the same time since I am very (very) particular on what I use on my hair. Did this shampoo and conditioner surpass my expectation and work for my hair? Read on to find out!
Price: INR 135 for 175 ml
What the company claims:
Fructis Triple Nutrition Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner:
- A Nourishing & Strengthening Shampoo/Conditioner with the benefits of oils & fruit vitamins that acts on Scalp, Lengths & Tips.
- Enriched with the goodness of Olive , Almond & Coconut Oils and fruit vitamins, Triple Nutrition Range nourishes and strengthens* hair from scalp, through lengths to tips, leaving hair strong*, nourished, shiny and manageable. This shampoo/conditioner has been specially developed for Indian women and has an exquisite fragrance.
* Instrumental test on shampoo + conditioner vs. non-conditioning shampoo.
I must admit that there has been positive change in the condition of my hair. My dry, frizz hair is slightly more manageable and soft.
In terms of nourishment, yes there has been an improvement and my hair is less dry and looks healthier. Fortunately I don’t have the issue of split-ends and that’s one thing I love about my hair! *touchwood* The nourishment is due to Olive, Almond & Coconut Oils which provide “Triple Nutrition” and fruit vitamins extracts.
I’ve been using this shampoo-conditioner combination for a little more than a month now. Since I have frizzy, curly hair, I tend to use a serum and styling products to keep my curls intact. Everytime I use the Garnier Triple Nutrition Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner, I find that I use a lot less serum than I do on a regular basis (half the actual amount) and I use a styling product only the next day. My hair looks smooth and feels soft on the first day of wash and I don’t style it on that day.
The shampoo and conditioner is a white translucent runny liquid in terms of consistency which is easy to apply even on thick unruly hair and can be easily washed off but the only con of this is that you will use a lot more product than you would of a shampoo with a thicker consistency.
- Makes hair manageable
- The shampoo lathers well
- I have curly, frizzy, rough hair and this shampoo and conditioner suits my hair
- Affordable hair care range
- The flip open cap could have been of better quality. The one on my shampoo bottle broke when I dropped it.
- Although runny consistency is easy to apply, more product has to be used for every wash
Final Word: A budget friendly shampoo that works for rough hair, making it soft and manageable. Do give it a try!