Nivea’s lip butter range has been one of the few products that has been successful in battling dry, chapped, cracked (the list is endless!) lips. The strangest part is, although it is called lip butter it is multi-functional. And I love it.
I have the Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream and needless to say, reading the name makes me hungry for a cookie filled with caramel or even a large tub of caramel popcorn would do!! *wistful thinking*
What the company claims: The NIVEA Lip Caramel Cream is an aromatic treat for the lips. It comes in an innovatively designed tin uniting long-lasting moisture, trendy flavours and a unique lip care experience. The rich formula melts on the lips, restoring suppleness and adding a silky gloss.
It is moisturizing and if you have extremely dry lips, it works best if you apply it once, leave it on for sometime, remove the dry layer and re-apply again. That way, the lips look smooth and feels moisturized all day! I usually apply a layer at night and brush off the dry dead layer the next day morning. It comes off easily and my lips remain soft all day! I reapply it for the glossiness. It is perfect for work where the air conditioner works in favor of dry chapped lips!!
- The quality; the lip butter is moisturizing and reapplication frequently isn’t necessary
- The price. The quantity and quality for the price is bang on!
- The long term effect; The condition of my otherwise dry and chapped lips is slowly yet steadily improving with regular usage.
- The white cast it leaves on the lips.
- The tub packaging. I hate it when I have to use my fingers, especially at work to apply something on my lips!!
The Nivea Lip Butter was gifted to me by Janani for Diwali along with some other goodies! I love all of them and here is a picture of all the gifts! She also sent me a pair of diyas which we lit for Kaarthigai (festival of lights in the South). Thanks babe! <3