How is life treating you ?? Mine is punishing me for some reason. Anyway, last month we went over some every day kohls. Today though I have a compilation and comparison post on few popular kohl/kajal pencils in the market.
This will be THE place where each one is pitted against each other on several criterion to see which one is the best.
And these are the kohls we will be comparing today.
Lakme Eyeconic Kajal:
- It is black but not intense black.
- Smudge proof. Waterproof.
- Twist up form, no wastage of product.
- Creamy, easy to use. Stays on for a long time.
- It is available everywhere and is available at 199 INR
I like this one. I have been using it since it’s introduction and have loved every use. This claims to be smudge proof but oily eyes might still need to coat it with black shadow. You can see how here and you can read the full review of Lakme Eyeconic Kajal here .
Revlon Kohl Kajal:
- Its dull black.
- Smudges and spreads.
- Pencil form, needs sharpening.
- Very oily format in the pencil.
- Available at Revlon counters and online.
- Priced at Rs.200.
It is oily, smudges and not a must buy. You can read the full review here.
Maybelline 12H Kajal:
- Its ink black. Dark, opaque.
- Smudge-proof and waterproof.
- Twist up form, no wastage.
- Creamy, easy to use.
- Easily Breaks.
- Priced at Rs.175.
Maybelline Unstoppable Liner:
- It shows up as a dull grey black
- Dry, flaky application
- Priced at Rs.270
I would not recommend this liner to anyone. You can read the full review here.
Lakme Absolute Kohl Ultimate:
- Intense black
- Smudge-proof and waterproof
- Pencil form, needs sharpening
- Creamy, quick drying formula
- Has a rubber smudger and a sharpener attached
- Available at Lakme counters for Rs.675
By far the best kohl liner I have used. Tad expensive but I feel worth the price. Makes for an excellent eye shadow base. The rubber smudger can be used to make a quick smokey eyes. Highly recommended!!!
Here are the swatches. All pencils have been swatched twice.
Here are my recommendations for you:
- Lakme Absolute Kohl Ultimate
- Maybelline 12H Kajal
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal
I would suggest that you skip the other two. 🙂
We have come to the end of Kohl Kompany here. But do keep reading, ‘cuz we are soon starting a BB Bash – a review of all BB creams available in India.
Ciao Girls 🙂