Let’s Talk!: Let’s Paint the Town Red!!

There is something about red lipsticks that spell sexy, smart, fun and glamour. I have a special place for red lipsticks in my vanity and those are my fool and fail proof lipsticks. I personally love the MUA Lipstick in No. 3 and MAC Ruby Woo. Everybody loves Ruby Woo!! Lol sounds likes Everybody Loves Raymond but hey! we all love Ruby Woo, don’t we?? So lets leave Ruby Woo aside for a change and focus on other red lipsticks.

But before that here is a quote that I enjoy reading again and again (and love quoting too!!)

Which would be your favorite red lipstick apart from Ruby Woo? And why? Let’s Talk!
You may also like reading:  Win 40 Anne French Tender Care Packs! : 10 Winners Per Week: WEEK 2

17 thoughts on “Let’s Talk!: Let’s Paint the Town Red!!

• June 19, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Ahhh.. Red lips are my fave! They keep changing πŸ˜› As of now i’m completely smitten by Glamorous Red from Maybelline, which is what i’m wearing now too πŸ™‚ Am finding it difficult to wear red lips in public in Chennai, is it just me or does anyone else hesitate to wear red in public? :-/

• June 19, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Aye I couldn’t agree with you more. Wearing red in public (as in out on the street. Parties and special occasions obviously demand a red lipstick! πŸ˜€ ) is like calling for attention, and more often than not, it’s not the kind of attention I’d like. I have full lips which makes the red even more prominent. It’s not about having the confidence to carry off the red lipcolor, more like the lack of decency of the starers. :/

• June 19, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I do too.. Unless its a wedding or im out partying i tone down the brightness of the red lipstick i wear.. I dab it on lips with my finger n wear a nude lip gloss over it for a day look..

In Chennai wearing makeup in general gets you the weird stares leave alone red lipstick!!!

• June 19, 2013 at 2:01 pm

MAC Chili, NARS Jungle Red, Maybelline Nonstop Red, MAC Ronnie Red (LE), Colorbar Hearts and Tarts

• June 19, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I’ve been craving for Ruby Woo, yet I’ve never bought it, and I never will, because of all the prep you need to do to wear it. It most definitely will look shabby on dry lipped ladies like me. :/ Instead I’ve moved on to our homespun Colorbar for red lipsticks. πŸ˜› I own two Colorbar red lippies- Colorbar Matte Lipstick in “Rich Red” and Colorbar Long Stay lipcolor in “023 WOW”. Rich Red is a pink-based red, when the SA applied it on it looked a true blue-based red under the store lighting, but when I apply it now it’s turned out to be a pinkish red. Yet I love this lipstick because of the finish: it’s definitely matte, and not a fake matte-looking. πŸ™‚
    “023 WOW” comes in the format of a double-ended tube with a gorgeous red lipcream on one end and a clear gloss on the other. The red lipcolor here is slightly darker, but on applying the gloss over it looks very bright. But this lipstick is only good if you’re going out for a party or something, ’cause it seriously is over the top!
    Also, my go-to red lipstick has got to be Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple. The name beckoned me to buy it; I love apples πŸ˜€ It’s a sheer red which looks lovely for daily wear. πŸ™‚

• June 19, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Welcome to Divassence! Ashwini πŸ™‚

if you are okay with the colorbar velvet matte formula then ruby woo shouldn’t be a problem..

023 WOW sound wow! Will check it out the next time i visit the colorbar counter πŸ™‚

• June 19, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Colorbar’s Hot HOT Hot, Lakme Absolutes Red Hot have been on the roll for me…I am loving Lakme Satin Enrich Lipstick too these days… πŸ™‚

• June 19, 2013 at 4:34 pm

My personal choice for reds are mac chili, colorbar velvet matte hearts and tarts, shy cherry, Maybelline 14 hrs stay lipstick in continuous cranberry, Revlon ultimate suede lipstick in trendsetter, kryolan L198, LC211, and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in really red.. uff that’s a whole lots of reds I have…. :-):-D:-*

• June 19, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Yep i was thinking of how you can go on and on about red lippies like i can for orange when i wrote this post.. πŸ˜‰

• June 19, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I know.. red lipstick is all you need for that sexy oomph.. it gives you a confidence, a feeling that you are on top of the world … oh and fyi I don’t like Ruby woo.. I feel Viva glam one suits our skin more .. check it out when you go mac shopping next time..

Oh I know all about ur love for oranges .. πŸ˜‰

• June 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Haha πŸ˜€ i know you hate ruby woo and also know you think its the most overrated lipstick.. ;P

viva glam 2 right? My friend bought that for her wedding.. Looked gorgeous on her.

• June 19, 2013 at 5:41 pm

My fav. anyday is MF Ruby Tuesday… I just love that red… n for a fushia -red mix I love to wear the cherry red frm Wet n wild… πŸ˜€

• June 19, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Was Ruby Tuesday the one you showed us in the luscious lip lives contest? That red looked gorgeous on you.. All bright colors look fab on you by the way πŸ™‚

• June 20, 2013 at 7:10 am

my favz are mac chili, maybelline jewels rubylicious & maybelline colorsensational pleasure me red…

i too tone down the red with some clear lip gloss to coordinate with my dress.. but its a big NO for office! πŸ™‚

i had to make this point.. i donno why our men don’t like their gals wearing full bloom red in the public.. though they seem to love it on the ladies in the screen! πŸ™‚

hubby gives me a terrified look everytime i sport full red lips…:D

• June 20, 2013 at 7:33 am

Rubylicious looks lovely on you! Remember that one from the luscious lip lives contest πŸ™‚

I guess men associate red lipsticks with fantasy.. so seeing a full on red lips in reality kind of leave them staggering.. πŸ˜€