Let’s Talk!: Help! I’m Stuck in a Makeup Rut!

Picture this: A ton of unused makeup lying in our cupboards because..

We find ourselves sticking to the same look and using the same products day in and day out! So how does one break the vicious cycle of “boring routine makeup” and change the look (for the better of course!) by incorporating some of the  unused products in the vanity? What would you do in order to incorporate atleast one or two of the unused makeup products in your everyday makeup routine?
I”ll be doing a post on how I escape the makeup rut soon but before that tell me your ideas and views too! Let’s Talk!
You may also like reading:  MakeUp My Passion's Giveaway!

20 thoughts on “Let’s Talk!: Help! I’m Stuck in a Makeup Rut!

• April 9, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Good Initiative πŸ™‚ looking forward,,..even I denounce compulsive hoarding ..

• April 9, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Thank you Tanmayee.. I guess being a makeup lover, some of us tend to hoard a lot of products but the trick lies in using them effectively πŸ™‚

• April 10, 2013 at 3:31 am

old darker unused shades as cheek stains. i have one particular pink nude frosted lipstick i use it as highlighter .. works excellent as creme cheekbone highlighter. old kajal sticks as eyeshadow base. i have one NYC bronzer matte which is light color to use as a bronzer but works well as eyebrow filler. looks super natural.

• April 10, 2013 at 3:34 am

and one more ..not exactly a makeup product but hair conditioner i dont like i use them for shaving arms n legs. works better than soap.

• April 10, 2013 at 10:59 am

love the idea of a pink nude frosted lipstick as a highlighter! Thanks for that one πŸ™‚

Yea even I use a conditioner for shaving arms and legs.. πŸ™‚

• April 9, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I used some brown eye pencils as eye brows fillers, lippies as mild cheek stains, neutral blushes as eye shadows..

• April 9, 2013 at 4:53 pm

i sometimes use eye shadow as blush…. and kajal pencil as eye brow filler πŸ˜€
    …i just checkd i have 2 big boxes of Hair packs/ creams… i m thinking to use dem as conditioner…

• April 17, 2013 at 6:13 am

I have One and only Faces Squad wala Eye shadows…
      Pink one i use it as blush… πŸ™‚ …
      as i tried alot …bt playing with eye shadows is nt happening :
      so i decided to stick with eye pencils and liners πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• April 17, 2013 at 6:18 am

oooh.. i want to see the swatch of the pink one!! πŸ˜€

do you use different colors when it comes to eyeliners?

• April 18, 2013 at 7:20 am

yes yes i have colorful eye pencils… der is a local brand “Davis” … pencils are awesome soft and easy to use…comes with sharpener and only for 45Rs…i have Green, Blue, Pink, White, Brown, Gold πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
      i soooo want to try faces pencils… but d only thing that stop me is price ..cz all colors m getting into 45rs then why to spend mre den 200 πŸ˜›

• April 10, 2013 at 7:18 am

i use blush as my eyeshadow and dark lipsticks as cheek stains and lighter ones to highlight my face or brow bone πŸ™‚

• April 10, 2013 at 11:01 am

I use dark and bright lippies as cheek stains too πŸ™‚

I’m yet to try the light ones for highlighting.. Thank you for the idea πŸ™‚