MAC Blush:Desert Rose: Review,Swatches and FOTD

What’s common between my favourite everyday blush and one of my all-time favourite songs?? Obviously the name!! Mwahahaha!! Lame I know πŸ˜› Anyway coming back to my favourite blush (if you are interested we can discuss the song in the comments πŸ˜€ ), MAC’s Desert Rose is a beautiful everyday blush for medium to dark skintones (might look good on really fair skin people if used with a light hand πŸ™‚ )

Price: Rs 1350; Rs 980 for the refill pan

Quantity: 6g
Β
MAC’s Desert Rose is definitely my HG Blush.Β  Initially I wasn’t too keen on getting this although I wanted something matte for everyday wear. And just when I had decided I would get this on my next visit to the MAC store SURPRISE SURPRISE! I was gifted this one on my birthday. πŸ˜€
Β
MAC describes Desert Rose as a soft reddish burgundy matte blush. The color is a beautiful burnt pink more on the darker side. I find it has a little reddish burgundy undertone but it isn’t entirely that! Β (Like a real badly suntanned rose!! πŸ˜› ).Β
Β
It is a perfect matte blush with high pigmentation. A single swipe of it is enough to give the cheeks a warm healthy glow sans shimmer.
Β
The staying power is also equally good. It stays on me for approx. 8-9 hours and then evenly fades leaving behind a lovely light tint of the color. The healthy happy glow lasts the entire day!

I love everything about this blush except the price. (Of course isn’t that everyone’s complaint wrt to a MAC product??) 1350 for the blush is definitely on the higher side but for once I find it justifiable (not because I didn’t spend on it πŸ˜› ) for the quality and it is a PERFECT everyday blush. Of course there must be dupes for this (I have one or two myself!) but nothing lives upto the quality of this one and smoothly it glides over the skin (probably because it is so finely milled) and how easy it is to blend!

You may also like reading:  Swatch Attack!: 10 Lakme Absolute Creme Lipsticks

Swatches:

Indoors in white light:

Β
Natural Lighting:

This is how Desert Rose looks on me:

Overall this is one of MAC’s best matte blushers and a must have for anyone searching for an everyday wear blush. I would recommend this to everyone and if you like me who thinks a lot before buying high end products then don’t think twice, put this on top of your list!Β

42 thoughts on “MAC Blush:Desert Rose: Review,Swatches and FOTD

• May 30, 2012 at 3:06 pm

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee D.R !! πŸ˜€ and ur lookin sooo cute πŸ˜€ <3 :*

• May 30, 2012 at 3:07 pm

thankies πŸ˜€ I love D.R too!! my other blushers are just lying around.. ive been using only this πŸ˜› <3

• May 30, 2012 at 3:15 pm

even i prefer this over inglot one πŸ˜› πŸ˜› my hands reach for this every time πŸ˜€ <3

• May 31, 2012 at 1:39 pm

strangely i havent worn the inglot 27 one too many times.. although they seem pretty close in terms of color.. even i reach out to this one only!! πŸ˜€

• May 30, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Thank you so much πŸ™‚ and welcome to Divassence! πŸ™‚

• May 30, 2012 at 3:12 pm

super! i luv dis blush too! n it luks fb on u sweets..loveely smile!!

• May 30, 2012 at 3:22 pm

thankuuu <3 since you are extremely fair how exactly do you wear this one? and which brush do you use?

• May 31, 2012 at 2:51 pm

i wear it d same way Deeps..not much f a diff..bas i need t tk a tinier amt n i dont put it on the apples f my cheeks or else it looks too clowny πŸ™

• May 31, 2012 at 2:57 pm

haan i understand.. thats how it looked on my mom when i applied it on the apples of her cheeks πŸ˜€ but for me i have to have some blush on the apples of my cheeks..its a belief that it gives me a glow πŸ˜€

• May 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm

awesome..very nice pics Deepika..am so loving this shade..I know it is dupeable..but still MAC is MAC..:)

• May 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm

thank you Preetha πŸ™‚ hehehe.. MAC is definitely MAC! A lot of MAC stuff are worth it but a few turn out to be duds too.. :/

• May 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Welcome to Divassence Parita! :)yes it does πŸ™‚
      it is a beautiful color! and it would look natural on indian skintones! which is your fav blush?

• May 30, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Gorgeous shade. Looks lovely on you. Perfect for medium to dark skin tones πŸ™‚ You look pretty as ever :-*

• May 30, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Thank you Indu <3 πŸ˜€ This shade will look lovely on you too! πŸ™‚ Do try it when you go to the MAC store. πŸ™‚

• May 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm

πŸ™‚ this is quite similar to Inglot refill no. 29 and ive heard its also similar to NYX Desert Rose πŸ™‚

• May 31, 2012 at 7:23 am

I have inglot refill 29 dear, thats totally different, I mean thats totally a peach shade, not even 1 % similar! Nyx desert rose looks similar though!

• May 30, 2012 at 7:47 pm

sucha a pretty shade deeps πŸ™‚ suits u well πŸ™‚

• May 31, 2012 at 5:39 am

WOW!!!!!! thats gorgeoussss…its lukin really really good on you…

• May 31, 2012 at 1:32 pm

thanks Parul πŸ™‚ it is def a must have shade πŸ˜€

• May 31, 2012 at 5:43 am

Love how it looks on u deepsi. πŸ˜€ I want it so badly now. 😐 But already have so many to use. πŸ™

• May 31, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Thank you Jyo πŸ™‚ HOw’ve you been??
      Another addition to your collection isn’t a sin πŸ˜‰ and you can use this everyday and it would look fab on you! <3

• June 1, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Hehe.I So hope to own at least 10 MAC blushes some day πŸ˜‰
      I am gud re.Just waiting to be there at Hyderabad. Abhi enjoying at hometown πŸ˜€

• May 31, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Thank you so much Ritu and welcome to Divassence! πŸ™‚

• May 31, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Luks so cuteand glowy on u Deeps πŸ™‚ And yes 1350 for a blush is cheating πŸ˜›

• May 31, 2012 at 3:03 pm

thanks Shwetha πŸ˜€ but this blush gives me a natural glow so it is like a fool proof makeup product.. πŸ˜› 1350 is daylight robbery! i know πŸ™

• June 18, 2012 at 6:12 am

Hi Deepika
    It looks so fab on you :)Gorgeous shade!!!May i know do you write blog for others. If u,
    can you write blog For Viviana (Cosmetic Brand).we provide you a beauty gift hamper from Viviana .if your interested please contact me at this email id feelnshare@vivianaindia.com