When I stepped into Lifestyle last weekend I headed straight to the Bourjois counter to buy a kabuki brush. But when I saw my first and only true love (Yes! Eyeliners, kaajals/kohls are always my first love!) I couldn’t resist not buying them! I would have bought them all if I had the money to!! Sigh!! Take a look at the number of eye pencils at the counter!! I literally died and went to heaven which was filled with eyeliners! 😀
After about a million swatches and me cribbing that I wanted everything and couldn’t choose from the lot, I ended up buying two of them which were
- Regard Effet Metallise in 78 Blue Chatoyant (It is not actually blue! It looks like purple from all angles!)
- Contour Clubbing Waterproof in 41 Black Party
- And I got a mini bourjois Colour Exciting Eyeliner in number 06 which is a brownish olive green eyeliner with gold shimmer free because I purchased Bourjois products for 1000 bucks
- Very creamy and glides on eyes without any tugging or pulling
- Pigmented and looks lovely on the eyes
- Staying power of bleu chatoyant on the on the waterline is good. It has a metallic touch to it which I love.
- As eyeliners both are really good
- The black one is really good for a smokey eye look as it is easily blendable
- Have to use it very carefully because of its creamy formulation otherwise there is a tendency for it to break
- The staying power of the black one on the waterline is not great. I looked like a racoon at the end of the day!
- The black one did sting a little for me when I used it on my waterline but then again this varies from one person to another
Overall, I like the two eye pencils I got and would love to explore the other colours!
Price: Rs 335
Available at: Lifestyle
And here is some more information I would like to leave you guys with.
Bourjois is derived from the word bourgeois which means:
- A person belonging to the middle class.
- A person whose attitudes and behavior are marked by conformity to the standards and conventions of the middle class.
- In Marxist theory, a member of the property-owning class; a capitalist.
- Of, relating to, or typical of the middle class.
- Held to be preoccupied with respectability and material values.
Which is your favourite Bourjois product? And have you used any of these eyeliners before? Do leave your comments below!