Last year, when I received the 2nd Anniversary Edition of My Envy Box, I vowed that I would get the Anniversary box every year.
So this year, I’m back with the 3rd Anniversary Special Edition My Envy Box. Is it worth the money? Is it better than last year’s box? Let’s find out!
I actually opened the box only while taking photos since I didn’t want to ruin the surprise for myself. (and also because I wanted to include the word “unboxing” in the title of this post – that word is so happening right now!)
The third Anniversary edition of My Envy box consists of 3 deluxe size samples, 2 samples, and three full size products. This surprisingly varies across boxes.
The monthly subscription cost of My Envy Box is 850 INR and this month’s box contains products worth 3308 INR.
Here’s what I received in my box:
Forest Essentials – Facial Cleansing Paste
- In the box: 15 gms – 925 INR
- Full size: 30 gms- 1850 INR
AYCA Jasmine Body Wash
- In the box: 200ml – 438 INR
- Full size: 200ml – 875 INR
Vert Loose Powder
- In the box/Full size: 10gms – 1250 INR
Vichy Ideal White Brightening Deep Cleansing Foam
- In the box: 15ml – 230 INR
- Full size: 100ml – 1550 INR
O3+ Eye Circle Cream
- In the box/Full size: 15gm – 385 INR
Nertia Nail Art
- In the box/Full size: 1 pack – 80 INR
BioDerma Photoderm Spot SPF 50+ Cream and Kerastase Chronologiste Fragrant Oil: sample size
The three products I’m excited about are:
- Forest Essentials Facial Cleansing Paste: This one has a blend of Almond, Pistachio and fresh Turmeric (honestly sounds like something I would eat!). This also has natural hydrators like buttermilk, floral waters, organic honey and fresh aloe leaf juice and claims to gently polish and hydrate the skin.
- Vert Loose Powder: Handmade loose powder made of powdered rose petals and French clay. I always get excited when I discover any natural and/or vegan makeup product. Anything natural is always better for the skin in my opinion. The best part is that this particular powder (which I’ll definitely use as a blusher) is formulated for all skin types. The color is gorgeous and ideal for Indian skintones.
- AYCA Jasmine Body Wash: I’m not a huge fan of Jasmine scent but this particular body wash claims to moisturize the skin and is made from all-natural coconut derivatives.
It was not at all surprising to see that my favourites were the ones which claim to be all natural. I’m particularly excited about the Vert Loose powder which makes for a beautiful everyday wear blush.
Overall, I neither love nor dislike this year’s Anniversary Edition of My Envy Box. Last year’s box had brands like Sephora, Za, L’Occitane, Kerastase (DELUXE sample size as compared to what was in this year’s box!) and this year’s was.. meh. I prefer five actual deluxe size samples based on my preferences rather than eight, half of which I won’t be using. If some of these products featured in any other box at any other time of the year I would have been ecstatic but I guess I had high hopes since last year’s box was fabulous.