I’ve been consistently inconsistent ever since I took upon the humungous task of losing weight.
Nope. Just kidding. I’ve been so consistent that I have enough to write about it as a weekly segment on the blog.
Jokes apart, I’ve been regularly having a very “healthy” (if I may so myself) milkshake every morning and trust me, it’s the best thing that has ever happened to me in terms of eating healthy!
I call this one the breakfast milkshake. Why? Because the ingredients that go into this milkshake are what you are most likely to have as breakfast everyday.
I’ve listed the ingredients and the approximate measurement for one serving. You can alter it according to your needs.
- Cornflakes or oats (any brand, any type) – 1 cup
- Milk – depending on how thick you want your milkshake to be
- Raisins (2) /Honey/Jaggery/Brown Sugar/Dates for the sweetness
- Almonds and/or Walnuts – 2-3
- Chia Seeds – 2 tbsp, soaked overnight in water
- fruits you can use: mango, chickoo, banana (any fruit that goes well with milk; avoid citrus fruits and fruits high in water content like watermelon)
Ingredients I use on a daily basis:
- Cornflakes – Kelloggs Special K cornflakes; There are times when I add a little oats too.
- Milk – Sofit Soya Milk (since I’m lactose intolerant)
- I alternate between raisins, dates and honey
- I use soaked chia seeds (bottom left in the picture below) everyday
- Once a week I add a banana to this
Add the cornflakes and whatever you want from the optional list with little milk and blend till it becomes a smooth paste. Then add desired quantity of milk and blend. Serve chilled.
Why I love this recipe:
- Easy to make – dump all the ingredients in the mixer and switch on the button!
- You can use any ingredient you like/s available which makes the recipe more adaptable. Just throw in what you have at hand!
- Filling; I have this at around 8.30 in the morning and I don’t get hungry till 1 in the afternoon. That does not mean that I don’t eat anything in between. I do. 🙂
- Healthy (if that hasn’t been understood till now 😉 ); Extremely healthy and you get all the nutrients your body needs at the beginning of the day to keep you active throughout the day
- Doesn’t require much time to make or drink. It is so yummy that you are sure to gulp it down as soon as you make it!
It’s that simple and apt for a lazy soul like me. Period. 😀
Do let me know what your favorite breakfast recipes are and if you would like to see more such recipes! 🙂