50 Random Facts About Me: Part 1

Hello!!So this week’s Weekly Ramblings has taken a backseat and I’m here to share with you 50 (or rather 25 in this post!) random facts about me. Yep, this is one of those posts which would be mighty useful to you and you would benefit loads from the rubbish I’m telling you about myself! πŸ˜› *smirk @ myself* Β Enjoy!

1. I write with my left hand. Yep, I’m a leftie πŸ˜€
  2. I’m a pure vegetarian. Errrr… I ocassionally have a scrambled egg. Is that even counted??
  3. I’m a very reserved person. It takes me ages to open my mouth and start a conversation with a stranger.
  4. It’s the same with making friends. I used to make friends very easily but now I have trust issues so it takes me very long to accept a person as a friend.
  5. At the same time, I’m very independent as a person. That gives me the freedom to talk and say whatever i want if I don’t like something.
  6. I love cooking and I can watch cookery shows 24*7. I have a notebook filled with recipes which I’m hoping to pass on to my kids and grandkids.
  7. Speaking of kids and grandchildren, I’ve saved a lot of things to give them. I’m very sentimental when it comes to this. Apart from this, I never plan my future. I live for the moment.
  8. Dark chocolate and white chocolate are my favourites when it comes to chocolates. Β I hate milk chocolate!
  9. Β I love anything with pineapple cream in it. Pineapple cream biscuits, wafers anything and everything! My Β  Β granddad used to get them for me every week when i was a kid and the tradition still continues.
  10. Continuing the topic of cream biscuits, I love separating the biscuits, licking the cream off and then eat the biscuits slowly. It takes me 10 minutes to finish a cream biscuit!! I also take my own sweet time to peel off the outside layer of the twist-y sticks (or whatever those are called!!) and then eat the cream. It’s the same with Kit Kat!! I dissect everything before I eat!!Β
  11. Back in school, I was the school magazine editor when I was in class 12.
  12. I also worked for a year as a content creator when I was in college and earned my own pocket money! πŸ˜€
  13. I love post it notes!! I have them in all shapes and sizes!! And I also have a Sticky notes app on my phone!! hahaha πŸ˜€
  14. I have a brother who is 6 years younger than me. His name is Ranjan πŸ™‚
  15. I have 4 piercings on my left ear and 3 on my right.
  16. I got my nose pierced without my parents’ knowledge when I was doing my under grad. My mom loved it but I was scared my dad would get angry so my mom and I lied to him for a month saying it was a stone sticker. Bwahahahaha and of course we got away with it! πŸ˜‰
  17. I’m very sensitive and I get offended easily. If someone says something that offends me, I do not keep quiet. I talk back and I’ve lost a lot of friends because of this.
  18. My dad has taken me on his official trips to Mumbai just to make sure I had a haircut when I was a kid. My mom loved my long hair but my dad always inisisted on convenience. So I had my haircuts at 5 star hotels as a kid. πŸ˜›
  19. I love giving and receiving gifts. There is nothing else that gives me immense joy and happiness than opening gifts (and also packing them!!)
  20. I hate shopping for clothes. Trying them on before buying is like a punishment!
  21. My sunsign is Pisces.
  22. I don’t drive. Balance is a major issue for me. I can’t even cross a road properly!
  23. My favourite colors are black and blue. Orange is my favourite color only when it comes to makeup.
  24. I had burgundy highlights when I was in class 11.
  25. I love dancing. I learnt bharathnatyam for 4 years and I’ve been a part of dance programmes back in school and college.
And a few pictures to make this post slightly more interesting:
Sticky notes app!!
You may also like reading:  New Lotus Safe Sun SPF 70 & SPF 90
Editor of my school magazine! πŸ™‚
Dissect and eat is my policy!
Hope you enjoyed this post! Part 2 will be up next Saturday and if there is anything specific you would like to know about me, do leave your questions in the comments section below! xoxo

21 thoughts on “50 Random Facts About Me: Part 1

• October 5, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Hey it was nice knowing you better! Same pinch for points 2 (though I demand an egg almost everyday, am addicted to eggs), 17, 19 & 22! πŸ˜€ Awaiting part 2 πŸ™‚

• October 7, 2013 at 6:04 am

My mom does not allow us to cook eggs in the kitchen.. and even if i want to, she has a separate vessel for it and I can do it only when she goes out coz she hates the smell.. πŸ˜›

• October 5, 2013 at 4:04 pm

this was really nice reading πŸ™‚ really got to know more about you girl πŸ™‚ i agree with the buscuit licking thing i do it all the time!

• October 5, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Great interesting post sweets πŸ™‚
    You are soo talented – Blogger – Bharatanatyam and Cooking skills <3

• October 7, 2013 at 6:12 am

Lol thank you but not really talented.. I’ve just dabbled in a few things I like.. that’s all πŸ™‚

• October 5, 2013 at 7:31 pm

hahahah I totally loved the intro πŸ˜› interesting to know you are a leftie, I try so hard but I can’t. Never knew you were reserved, I am sort of introverted these days. I used to be able to talk to strangers earlier but now not as much. oh well!
    you love cooking!!! wow.that’s a fun fact and works out well in your favour.
    So you are a cat that likes to like it’s cream hahahah so cute!
    Point No.17…it’s good that you speak your mind. Because I don’t and then I get angrier and angrier and I hold a grudge, So I think being you in point 17 is favourable even if does mean losing friends.
    I don’t drive for the same reasons, I feel the roads are so unsafe. I prefer walking, being driven or taking the bus

Looking forward to part 2. i really enjoyed reading this πŸ™‚

• October 7, 2013 at 6:19 am

I hardly talk to people. In the virtual world it looks like i talk a lot but the truth is if someone tries to converse with me I talk to the point. lol πŸ˜€ nothing more.

cooking is more of a passion. I’m the kind of person who wouldn’t mind spending 24 hours in a kitchen. The reason why I didn’t join a culinary school was because then I would have to deal with non veg food.

Holding a grudge eventually leads to talking about that person to someone else because we have to vent out our anger somewhere so I’d rather say it on their face than vent my anger elsewhere πŸ™‚ That’s my opinion.

• October 6, 2013 at 4:24 am

Loved reading it. It’s great to know you. Even I love watching cookery shows. I always swap channels between TLC, Fox Traveler and Food Food!

• October 6, 2013 at 4:37 am

OK I AM A LEFTIE TOOOO! ISNT THAT AMAZING MY LEFTIE FRIEND.

• October 6, 2013 at 7:35 am

I love reading this kind of posts! Keep them coming!
    My father also always wanted me to have short hair styles because he feels they look smarter. πŸ˜€ In fact, I myself prefer my hair short!

• October 7, 2013 at 6:42 am

thank you Nivi! <3

You do look smart with short hair no doubt but you look prettier with longer hair πŸ™‚ I’ve seen pictures of you with both and I love how you look with long hair πŸ™‚

• October 6, 2013 at 5:11 pm

that’s a lot of similarities and lots of differences between us Dee .. I guess for most part you know me .. πŸ™‚
    Looking forward to part 2 and the surprises that holds..

• October 7, 2013 at 6:45 am

lol yea πŸ˜€ there are a lot of differences BUT do not change whatsoever. Be the person you are right now and do not change under any circumstance. πŸ™‚

Part 2 has errrr… more food related stuff about me!!

• October 6, 2013 at 7:32 pm

u n i hit bang on with points 1, 2, 4, 5, 17, 19 & 25….. πŸ˜€

i love watching cookery shows too but don’t really jot them down… i can be the most enthusiastic & the most laziest when it comes to cooking… eating out is my fav!! πŸ˜›

• October 7, 2013 at 6:48 am

lol i went back to check what those points were πŸ˜€

I really haven’t inherited anything from my grandmom so I don’t want my kids or grandchildren to miss out on that πŸ˜€

lol same pinch on the eating out part. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

And I know how much you love gifting πŸ˜€

• March 3, 2014 at 6:16 pm

good to know a lil more about you :)… Nice and cuttee things about you dee πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ :P…

• March 3, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Hi Dee πŸ™‚ … So cute …. Glad to know a little more about… πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Loved your company even though it lasted just 2 days Looking fwd to meet u again soon πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

• September 26, 2017 at 7:12 am

Wow.. ur quite the girl !! the most interesting, aspiring, passionate amazing woman I’ve ever met !!!