How I Store My Earrings!

I gazed.. I drooled..
People thought I was a fool
Was it lust?

Was it love?
Or was it just a passing cloud?
Was it meant to be?
Would it be mine for everyone to see?
These are a few lines which go through my mind (although not in a poetic form :P) whenever
I see jewellery! I am obsessed with jewellery!! Whenever and wherever i see jewellery I can assure you that I dont walk away from that place without buying one!! So as my collection kept growing so did my mom’s anger and impatience!
My mom was fed up of my growing collection sans proper organization and i was banned from buying jewellery!! So I had to come up with a way of organizing my jewellery keeping in mind my mom’s demands and my laziness. When i saw this box with 24 compartments I thought it was the perfect solution for my earrings!! (will do posts on how i store my necklaces and bangles/bracelet also!) And I used the Health&Glow square cotton pads to protect my earrings in each of the compartments.

I have 5 of these boxes: 3 are for everyday wear earrings and 2 for heavy and grand earrings which i usually wear during special occasions.
A few of my earrings:
Everyday wear (a few of them)

Earrings for special occasions (a few of them)

Now this method was okay for long earrings but it was an issue for studs. I didn’t find it convenient to store studs in those clear plastic boxes. My mom was planning on disposing a few stud earring boxes and I grabbed the opportunity to take them to store my stud earrings!
I have a big blue one in which i store my white stone earrings and I have a few in various colors with enough space to store 6 pairs so I color coordinated my non-white stud earrings with the boxes (i.e the closest match).

The smaller boxes:

Now here since I don’t have a pink box, the closest match is a maroon one so I had no choice but to use that πŸ˜€

You may also like reading:  E.l.f. Essential lipstick in Fearless: Review/ Swatch/ LOTD

Hope this post was useful!

How do you store your earrings?

And don’t forget to participate in the product selection process for Divassence’s giveaway! Click here & here to vote!

29 thoughts on “How I Store My Earrings!

• June 26, 2012 at 3:45 pm

omg omg omg !! that dabba is just soo apt for storage !! all earrings in one place yet neatly placed πŸ˜€ loved that idea <3 this is the best post deepsi :* i will surely take notes when i grow my collection πŸ˜‰

• June 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ thank you!!! <3 <# it is sooo apt for lazy people like me!! πŸ˜› You will start your collection from a piece in my store πŸ˜€ deal? πŸ˜‰

• June 26, 2012 at 3:59 pm

done πŸ˜‰ and i want that pair of bow earring !! its soooooooooooooooooo cute πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• June 26, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I bought it from Lifestyle! and it was love at first sight!! πŸ˜€

• June 27, 2012 at 11:04 am

thank you so much πŸ™‚ H&G pads are too rough to use on the face so I use them for these πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• June 26, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Fabulous organization idea, I looove my bijoux and keep losing my trinkets, this is exactly what I need in my life! Thanks for sharing

• June 27, 2012 at 11:05 am

πŸ˜€ it kept happening to me.. i used to find single earrings all around the place and it drove me crazy!! πŸ˜€

• June 26, 2012 at 9:10 pm

omg!!! i love your earrings and the boxes. You have a talent to find good pieces.

• June 27, 2012 at 11:00 am

My mom had them.. she knows someone who makes them… she was about to throw these away so i took it from her πŸ˜€

• June 27, 2012 at 5:18 am

awesome boxes and nice collection :))) luving it..I have seen these boxed in poundland..Wil lsurely pick some next time..Thnx for giving this wonderful idea

• June 27, 2012 at 10:59 am

Thank you Renji πŸ™‚ and welcome to Divassence! πŸ™‚ these boxes are definitely a good buy πŸ™‚ keeps things organized and easy to maintain too πŸ˜€

• June 27, 2012 at 10:58 am

haha πŸ™‚ thank you πŸ™‚ will do a post on that one soon πŸ™‚
      chocolate tins are good for storage as long as it is for people who arent as lazy as I am πŸ˜›

• June 27, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Loved the box way of storing..planning to copy your idea and start my dubba storing:P:) I am sure my mom would be pleased !

• June 28, 2012 at 10:10 am

hehe πŸ˜€ glad to be of some help!! and demand a gift in return for storing your things neatly πŸ˜›

• June 28, 2012 at 5:14 am

Loving the box idea. I have something similar but a very small one. Where did you get the big box from?

• June 28, 2012 at 10:10 am

I live in Chennai so I got it from a store here πŸ™‚

• June 28, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I’m from Chennai as well. That’s why I asked you πŸ™‚

• July 23, 2012 at 10:57 am

I live in chennai too:) Can u tel me the exact store n address where u got that Plastic compartment box?

• June 28, 2012 at 7:01 am

Fab!! this is really an awesome idea Deeps…wot did u use to place them on and on top of them??? cotton? gauze?

• June 28, 2012 at 10:01 am

i use the H&G cotton pads and i place the earrings on them and I spread out a tissue on top for my heavy and expensive earrings.. will do a post on that πŸ™‚

• June 28, 2012 at 4:45 pm

omg deepsi u have an awesome collection n loved ur storage ideas <3 πŸ™‚

• September 14, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I googled earring storage & your blog was one of the first search results that came up! I’d love to get a hand on those plastic boxes. Can you help with the address or name of the store? Thank you so much!