Sleek Blush: Flamingo: Review/Swatch/FOTD

The bird which had me pink with envy slowly waded through, in the video I was watching. And looking at its beautiful color, I couldn’t help wanting a blush in that color. And the best part is not only did I get a blush close to the color I wanted but with the same name!

Sleek’s Flamingo is what I’m talking about! A bright pop of pink describes this color best! BUT don’t get scared or put off by the color in the pan. No blush can make you look like a clown if you know how to blend it out!! I generally use a blush brush to get the color in place and use a kabuki brush to blend it out. A piece of advice here, always use a different/clean brush (as in different from the brush you use to place the color) while blending out a blush.

Price: $5.99 for 8g

The pigmentation is insane! You definitely need to use a very light hand to take the product on the brush and to apply it. If you see the swatches below, you’ll know how good the pigmentation is and that is just a single swipe! The powder is finely milled and although it might seem easy to blend its best used minimally.

The color is such that it will not only give you a healthy look but also brighten up your face instantly. In terms of staying power, it is on par with the pigmentation. It lasted for a good 7 hours on me.

And this is how it looks on me.

Final Word: Sleek Flamingo is a universally flattering blush with no apparent undertones. A lovely summery color with a fantastic staying power, this blush sure is a winner!

You may also like reading:  Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: Review

26 thoughts on “Sleek Blush: Flamingo: Review/Swatch/FOTD

• January 29, 2013 at 3:57 pm

it looks so pretty on you ! on the pan it seems very deep though

• January 29, 2013 at 4:27 pm

thank you πŸ™‚ it is actually a very scary color to look at and cant help but picture a clown! but seriously it is a beautiful color once worn..

• January 29, 2013 at 4:11 pm

how come each n every shade look so flattering on u Deeps!! definitely i need to practice blending, the way u do..!!

loved the color.. actually it might look good on my dusky skin tone..!!

u look so pretty in the pic! πŸ™‚

• January 29, 2013 at 4:45 pm

hahaha thank you <3 πŸ™‚ Its nothing complicated.. and as i say this i am still wondering how to go about the tutorial πŸ˜›

This color will look good on you! πŸ™‚

• January 30, 2013 at 6:39 am

πŸ™‚ i ll try and pick this one for sure..

and ya i ve been desperately waiting for the tutorial.. πŸ˜€
      i am just collecting blushes meanwhile.. ordered a couple of them from MUA too.. πŸ™‚

• January 30, 2013 at 7:09 am

and Deeps, could u pls suggest me a good highlighter(for dusky skin) thats not too glittery or shimmery just a nice beautiful sheen.. πŸ™‚

• January 30, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Tutorial is def on cards.. πŸ˜€ sorry about the delay though… I bought some MUA cream blushers recently. They are good. πŸ™‚

A golden/bronze highlighter tends to look better on dusky skintones. Try Lakme Absolute Highlighter. If you are willing to spend a little more, try MAC’s cream color base. I have Hush. You can try Hush when you wear cool toned blushers and something like Improper Copper for warm toned blushers.

• January 29, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Looks great on you! I want to try Sleek’s palettes too.. They look so good!

• January 29, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Thank you Neha.. πŸ™‚ Do try them. Actually the sleek trio blushers work out to be cheaper than the single ones..

• January 30, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Thanks for the tip.. Will keep that in mind while choosing one πŸ™‚

• January 29, 2013 at 4:31 pm

looks awesome on you sweets! this goes to my wish list πŸ™‚

• January 29, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Lovely!!! πŸ˜€ i need a hot pink and a red blush so badly now. πŸ™ May be i should just come to chennai and steal urs. O:)

• January 29, 2013 at 4:50 pm

maybe i should pack all my stuff and go to Hyd when you come here 0:)

Get kryolan ones na? They have a red. But when it comes to hot pink flamingo is the best in terms of pigmentation .. just saying.. 0:) πŸ˜‰

• January 30, 2013 at 2:33 am

This blush is in my wish list since long. And you makee wanna order it right away πŸ™‚

• January 30, 2013 at 12:16 pm

hahaha πŸ˜€ but seriously it is worth every single rupee!! or rather dollar! πŸ˜€

• January 30, 2013 at 2:33 am

• January 30, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I love the shade, the review and the way it looks on you! πŸ˜€ A major sleek haul is on my wishlist now πŸ˜‰

• January 30, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Thank you Ghayu πŸ™‚ Where have you been? Looong time!!

• January 31, 2013 at 4:00 pm

My parents were here for a loooooooong time with me this time (more than a month, yay!!) so was spending time with them & also my dad hates me using cosmetics so had to stay away from beauty blogs for a while (my mum loves it though, so we spent our time buying new makeup stuffs and hiding them away from dad’s eyes :D), now am free and back to all my usual activities πŸ˜€

• February 5, 2013 at 5:06 pm