The Heat is killing you isn’t it? Well, we’ve got our Diva! on in Chennai and are beating the heat pretty easily. And guess what? We’re all set to share our secrets with YOU!
- Water on the go: You’ve probably heard ENOUGH and more about this, but ALWAYS, ALWAYS Stay hydrated! You’ll tolerate the soaring temps much better if you increase your water intake, and ensure that your body is not sapped.
- Chuck that Sucrose and Booze! Avoid food and beverages that contain alcohol or large amounts of sugar. Besides being extra calories, they could actually cause you to lose body fluids, and leave you feeling terribly sapped and depleted.
- Keep your indoors cool and dry: Air conditioning isn’t the only way! Use curtains on your windows and draw the blinds all noon to create a cooler ambience.
- Dress Light! Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light colored clothing which is less likely to absorb the heat. Make sure to use light flip-flops and don’t close your feet, allowing them to breathe. Don’t use jackets!
- Space out your eating: When you eat several small, easy, cool meals, your body automatically handles heat better. Use juices, salads, yoghurts, and anything cold – and make sure to avoid hot soups, baked dishes and other hot food that can actually make you feel warmer at meal-times.
- Workout early! Exercise and workout early in the morning when the heat and humidity are lowest. That way, your water loss will be minimal.
- Swim! Swimming beats the heat comfortably, making sure to ensure a hydrated body!
- Use Cold Towels: Refrigerate napkins, towels and a few bedsheets and draw them out when the heat goes nuts, and use them on your skin!
- Wash your face as often as you can and use a good sunscreen soon after 🙂
- Avoid crowded places – too many people in one spot all at once raises the temperature!
What are YOUR ideas for the perfect ways to Beat the Heat? Tell us what you’re up to this Summer with details of your HeatEscape Routine!