Tagged!: Makeup Collection and Storage!

Upasana of MakeupMyPassion had tagged me in one of her posts (you can read her post here) to show my makeup collection and storage. But before i do so let me set a few things straight here:

• I do not hoard makeup for the sake of hoarding. I’m relatively new to the field of makeup and I love exploring new things. I do not fall into the makeup rut of sticking to a few products and I use all of what I have. (You can watch this video by Emily because this is what I follow! ๐Ÿ™‚ )
  • I live with my parents and for now I have very little space to store my makeup. My storage space is not color coordinated. Im trying to work on storing my makeup better and I’ll be starting a series on makeup storage soon so I would also love to see how you guys store your makeup!
Rules:
  • Every person getting tagged has to show the makeup they own, it doesn’t matters if you own a few or hoard a lot. The main motive is to share storage ideas.
  • The person getting tag can tag a minimum of 3 fellow bloggers, and max as they wish
  • You have to show “All” makeup stuff you’ve got.. no hide-n-seek allowed
  • Don’t forget to mention how do you store your products.
  • Last but not the least, you can include your skin care products too if you want.

So here’s how I store my makeup:

These compartmentalized containers are what I use to store my eye pencils, brushes, mascaras and concealers.

Lipsticks, Lipglosses and lipbalms go into the lower part of the second set of drawers. Lipsticks are segregated according to colors and Lipglosses and lipbalms are kept together behind the lipsticks.

Blushers and eyeshadows are together in the top half of the second set of drawers. I don’t own too many eye makeup stuff because I’m still learning. 2-3 other small palettes which I have are unopened so they don’t come here. The only issue I have is regarding the storage of my blushers. Need to figure out a better way of organizing them!

The top half of the blue and white drawers have my day and night cream and my body butter. It also stores my tinted moisturizers, foundations and face powders.

The third drawer in the blue and white set consists of my liquid/gel liners (again I haven’t included ones which I haven’t started using!) and makeup and nailpolish removers. It also stores cotton, cotton swabs, tissues and hand sanitizers.
Last but not the least this is my nailpolish collection. This goes into one of my cupboards.

Hope you liked my collection! If any of you would like to contribute to the storage series please upload your picture on Divassence’s facebook wall or send me a picture/article on how you store your makeup to divassence(at)gmail(dot)com. I would love to hear your ideas, feedback and suggestions!

Also I tag Jyoti of EverythingThatMatters, Samyukta of ISimplyLoveMakeup and Zara of TheWorldThroughMyRetina to show us all the makeup they’ve got! ๐Ÿ˜€

65 thoughts on “Tagged!: Makeup Collection and Storage!

• April 6, 2012 at 6:22 am

Ohhh. What did u do Deepsi… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Now i’ve to organise them and then show it all to u ~x(

• April 6, 2012 at 6:25 am

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ m lovin ur dabba deeps ๐Ÿ˜€ can u pls mail me a clear pic of the dabba only whenever u get time ๐Ÿ˜€ swty i’ve been lookin for smthin like this for a long time ๐Ÿ™
    omg i’m luvin ur blushes+lippies+n.p’s collection <3 ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• April 6, 2012 at 6:56 am

ya sure Upsi :* anything for you sweetie! will send you the pics asap! ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 6, 2012 at 6:37 am

I store most of stuff like this only. MY collection is very small when compared to yours ๐Ÿ˜› So I dont need much space ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 6, 2012 at 6:51 am

You have got so much makeup ๐Ÿ˜ me jealous … lemme show this post to my hubby so that he could get enough motivated and get me couple of goodies quickly ๐Ÿ˜€

• April 6, 2012 at 7:01 am

๐Ÿ˜€ Shalini Im sure your collection is droolworthy! and Im sure your hubby is going to curse me for doing this post! ๐Ÿ˜›

• April 7, 2012 at 3:15 pm

hehehehe.. ๐Ÿ˜€ but nothing can stop beauty buffs like us from buying makeup! We dont need an excuse do we??

• April 6, 2012 at 7:01 am

wow deeps…………… huge collection :)……… me very pleased watching this ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 6, 2012 at 7:39 am

thanks sukanya.. would love it if you could share your storage ideas too!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 6, 2012 at 7:09 am

Lovely collection deeps… Now I think even I’ll have t organise my stash…right now at in laws but I’ll do it once m back ๐Ÿ™‚ hehe.. This is so much fun!

• April 6, 2012 at 7:42 am

Z you better show us all the blushers you have!! ๐Ÿ˜› and im sure everyone will agree with me on this! waiting to see your collection post! ๐Ÿ˜€

• April 6, 2012 at 7:48 am

wowwwwwiiie… guess what i have the same blue draws also the same peach brush storagee:)

lovely collection deeps… ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 6, 2012 at 8:01 am

Varsh all of us in Chennai have similar storage stuff.. ๐Ÿ˜€ where did you get yours from?

• April 6, 2012 at 8:07 am

OMG! Deepsi..i want that storage stuff tooo..badly NEED it infact…U have sssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo manyyyyy n u sed m new to make up..o gawd! I Don even have half of it i guess!need to buck up…lemme me n upsi knw abt the storage pic..
    awesome post… n hell yea now even i have to organise it! u done..deepsi done..now my turn ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

• April 6, 2012 at 8:29 am

Ric will get them for you when I come ๐Ÿ˜€
      My turn over! Phewwww!!! but since its always like this I dint find it difficult to scout for things and take pics ๐Ÿ˜› Im so possessive about my makeup stuff that I ensure I store them well ๐Ÿ˜€ the rest of my room is terrible though ๐Ÿ˜›

• April 6, 2012 at 9:33 am

Very nice collection uve got there Deeps ๐Ÿ™‚ U can try storing blushes in padded bangle boxes. For the rectangular blushes u can use empty ferrero rocher boxes. But i guess Zee can help u better ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 6, 2012 at 9:41 am

thanks Naf! Will try the FR box idea.. ive used the samll FR boxes for lippies ๐Ÿ˜€ i have two big ones.. lemme see if that works ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 6, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Riddhi hope this inspires you to organize your stuff!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• April 6, 2012 at 1:00 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ thank you! but this is nothing compared to how others organize their stuff!! i need to revamp!!

• April 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm

u say u r relatively new to make up ..and “this is ur stash” !!!! wow! Btw: it s really well organized. Makes feel like sitting and organizing mine :p

• April 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm

hehehe i think you should Kej! I have the strangest feeling Z is going to tag you ๐Ÿ˜›

• April 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm

U have organised ur makeup stuff really well… i guess ur nailpaint collect has mostly Avon nail polishes…. by the way where did u get those blue draw…

• April 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Ya i guess 60% of it is avon ๐Ÿ˜€ you can get these set of drawers in Murugan stores in Adyar

• April 6, 2012 at 3:28 pm

he he…. even most of the nail paints in my collection are from Avon oly….. Thanks for the info dear…. will check out in dat shop

• April 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm

OMG what an awesome collection! Superb way of management! I wqant to get that Nyx cream blush in orange! Where do i get this online ??? Except international shopping sites?

• April 6, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Thanks Taps <3 i got the orange blush from cherryculture ๐Ÿ™‚ you can ask Stylecraze or Medplus to stock it up for you ๐Ÿ™‚ the other site where you get NYX stuff @ very low prices is porkdaisy.. but that again is international..

• April 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm

OMG OMG OMG.. this is exactly what puts me in a hyperventilating mode… will someone look at the number of blushes and the nail paints!!!! OMG…. wow awesome collection Deepika ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    and thankooo for tagging me but seriously I am sooooooo conscious of doing it after seeing yours!

• April 6, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Sam!! dont tell me your collection is smaller than this! i refuse to believe you! ๐Ÿ˜› waiting to see your collection and storage! <3

• April 6, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I fainted after luking at ur nailpolish collection, AMAZING girl…mere paas pure life mein itne nailpolishes nahin the

• April 6, 2012 at 3:29 pm

haha ๐Ÿ™‚ Paro it will soon decrease because Im putting up most of it on a blog sale! ๐Ÿ˜€

• April 7, 2012 at 6:10 pm

this is so neat and clean Deepika … lovedddd how you stored your stuff and truly appreciate the effort in showing this ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ….

• April 8, 2012 at 7:48 am

You are so very organized!!!! I wish I could even be half of that;)

• April 9, 2012 at 2:57 pm

hehe.. im sure you’ve organized all your nailpolishes and shoes well!! need to learn how to organize my shoes! im bad at that ๐Ÿ˜›

• April 9, 2012 at 2:34 pm

neatly organized Deepika.. easy to pick n choose ๐Ÿ™‚ lovely..

• April 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm

thank you Rekha ๐Ÿ™‚ waiting to see your post on storage ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 14, 2012 at 6:14 am

wow..superb..clean organisation and u have very gud collection…
    megaliving.com